Thursday, June 22, 2006

The World Cup of Birding

It's I and the Bird #26! It's up at The Hawk Owl's Nest. International, thematic teams from around the world and around the blogosphere. For me I and the Bird is my biweekly opportunity to catch up on birder and bird blogging--there is so much more of it than there was a year ago. This edition is another winner, check it out.


And speaking of a year ago, the next I and the Bird is the first anniversary edition and will be hosted by the father of the carnival, Mike of 10,000 Birds on July 6 (submission deadline July 4). He plans a special edition to mark the occasion--go to this page to find out more.

Once again I don't have a post in the current carnival--incredibly it seems that it has been a month since I last posted about birds! It's not because there are no birds in Thomasburg--the breeding birds are settling in nicely, and I've been plagued by various i.d. mysteries. There's the strange tale of my inability to etch the very distinctive song of the eastern towhee on my brain, and the tale of the vireos in the yard, always in the treetops, never letting me get a good look. Those stories just haven't jelled into words for me. Vagaries of the muses....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We're waiting, Pamela...